2 Brothers Packed Meals - Yellow Split Pea Dal with Watercress
Breakfast, Free Recipes
Servings: 6 Persons
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 1.5 cups (300g) dried yellow split peas
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 2 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 x 400g can tomatoes
- Fresh foods to be added:
- 3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 cup chopped watercress or spinach (any dark green veggies will do)
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- Cover split peas with boiling water and soak for an hour.
- Drain split peas and transfer to a saucepan with the broth (or water) and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and add garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli and canned tomatoes, stir thoroughly, bring to a simmer and cook until the split peas are tender (45 to 60 mins) adding a little broth (or water) if needed, stir occasionally.
- When the split peas are soft, add the nutritional yeast and stir thoroughly.
- Add watercress (or whatever dark greens you are using), stirring until they are wilted.
- Keep warm over very low heat.
- Combine with a whole grain (e.g. barley, brown rice, quinoa).
Powers Training HQ