Free Recipes, MAINS, RECIPES
The perfect hearty soup for a chilly night, but surprisingly easy to make. Hearty black beans, pops of sweet corn, fresh tomato, seasoned to perfection with Mexican spices. Top that with creamy avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of zesty lime. Hello flavour!
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoke paprika
- ½ cup diced celery
- 3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 x 15oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in 2 tbsp vegetable broth in a soup pot over medium-high heat, until onion is soft. Add seasonings and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Add vegetable broth, beans, corn and 2 tbsp lime juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper
- 3. In a separate bowl combine avocado, tomato, cilantro, remaining 1 tbsp lime juice, salt and black pepper
- 4. Pour hot soup into bowls and top with a rounded tbsp of avocado salsa.
Powers Training HQ