A balance of colourful yummy veggies, edamame, and whole grain pasta or rice noodles.
The sweet and slightly spicy peanut dressing pairs perfectly with a mix of Asian style veggies.
Adapted from Pure Chef
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Noodles and Vegetables
- 8 packages noodles or 2 cups rice
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
- Set aside. It will thicken a bit as it sits.
- Cook the noodles according to the packaged instructions and rinse in a colander with cold water.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the noodles and dressing and toss thoroughly.
- Garnish with the chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro (if you have) serve.
Use any seasonal veggies so you can try any combination you enjoy. You can easily add baked tofu or tempeh in place of edamame or any favourite legume.